Ford Motor Co. is recalling more than 441,000 ’97 model Ford Escort and Mercury Tracer small cars due to airbags misfiring. Ford says it has received at least 159 reports of airbags deploying unintentionally, causing some minor injuries to a small number of people. A Ford spokesman tells Reuters at least eight lawsuits have been filed against the auto maker because of the problem. Ford says it will install a protective shield and waterproof grease on airbag sensors to prevent them from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Escort, Tracer Recalled" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642