Six months after incorporating Conrail Inc.'s rail system into CSX and Norfolk Southern, rail transportation problems continue to wreak havoc for automotive and steel manufacturers trying to get their products to customers. Ford Motor Co. has thousands of its profitable Expeditions sitting in parking lots awaiting shipment, while General Motors Corp. and DaimlerChrysler Corp. also are struggling to get similar numbers of vehicles off factory lots and into dealers' hands. A DCC spokesman ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Expeditions, GM, DCC Cars Grounded" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642