Ford Motor Co. is planning to consolidate its Indian operations prior to the launch of its new model in India next year. The move will see a gradual shift of sourcing of currently imported engines and gearboxes to domestic manufacturer Hindustan Motors Ltd. Ford also plans to boost dealer outlets from 40-plus to more than 70 in 2003. Ford Ikon Additionally, Ford plans to build on the success of its Indian-built Ikon passenger car in overseas markets. Ikon currently is being ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to Firm Up India Operations" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642