Add the Flex to the list of Ford Motor Co. vehicles that will benefit from the auto maker’s direct-injection, turbocharger technology. The ’09 cross/utility vehicle, due in showrooms in mid-summer 2008, will launch with Ford’s Duratec 35 3.5L V-6, one of Ward’s 10 Best Engines in 2007. At a later date, Ford also will offer a premium version of the engine with DI-turbo technology, Ward’s learns. Modeled after a powertrain concept called TwinForce, the technology is a cornerstone of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Flex to Get DI-Turbo Technology" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642