An overwhelming number of customer complaints and concerns about repair costs of a defective head gasket has created the need for Ford Motor Co. to extend the engine warranties for over 700,000 vehicles to seven years/100,000 miles (162,000 km). The 3.8L V-6 engine was produced for 1994-'95 Ford Tauruses and Mercury Sables, '95 Ford Windstar minivans and '94 Lincoln Continentals. This is the second warranty extension for the same problem. In 1998 Ford upped the industry standard ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford foots bill for head problem" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642