DETROIT – Patience is key to the development of hydrogen-based fuel cells, Ford Motor Co.’s vice president-research warns as Washington is poised to unveil a new government-industry partnership to refine the technology. Energy Secretary Spencer Abraham is expected to announce Wednesday the establishment of Freedom CAR. It will replace the much-maligned Partnership for a New Generation of Vehicles (PNGV) that sought to develop a vehicle capable of 80 mpg. But Gerhard Schmidt offers this ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford: Fuel Cells Hold Long-Term Promise" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642