Legal hurdles facing the auto industry include a more litigious China, Japan and Europe and mounting state challenges to U.S. emissions regulations, Ford Motor Co.’s top attorney says in an interview. David Leitch, senior vice president and general counsel, also tells Ward’s something needs to be done about the size of awards U.S. juries are handing out in product-liability cases. A one-time deputy assistant to President Bush, Leitch joined Ford in April 2005 to lead its team of 250 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford General Counsel Discusses Legal Challenges" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642