NEW YORK – The Ford brand will get a cross/utility vehicle based on the Mazda6 architecture, a top Ford Motor Co. executive confirms. Lincoln already is slated to get a new Aviator CUV from the platform, replacing the current body-on-frame Aviator SUV, probably for the ’06 model year or later, says Ford Chief Operating Officer Jim Padilla. Lincoln Aviator concept. Giving the Ford brand a sister vehicle is a move the industry has expected, but which Ford officials had yet to confirm. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to Get Aviator-Based CUV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642