Ford Motor Co. appears to be closing the gap on General Motors Corp.’s second-place standing in U.S. sales. Through the first quarter, Ford’s U.S. light vehicles sales totaled 318,496 units, just 91,336 short of GM’s 409,832 tally, according to Ward’s data. This time last year, GM was ahead by 243,677 units, with 800,682 deliveries to Ford’s 557,005. But in a collapsing market, down 37.5% in the first quarter from like-2008, share is a more telling yardstick. And despite losing ground ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford, GM Share Data Show Divergent Trends" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642