It’s only rock ’n roll, but Ford Motor Co. apparently likes it. The auto maker will use Rolling Stones party anthem Start Me Up to energize a 2003 Ford division ad blitz. Sounding like a street-fighting man, Ford Div. President Steve Lyons says: “We picked it to send the message that Ford’s back – with a vengeance.” A 30-second commercial featuring Start Me Up and the brand’s car, pickup truck and SUV line will be shown in conjunction with New Year’s Eve television ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Hopes Rolling Stones Will Provide Emotional Rescue" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642