MADRAS — An executive of Ford Motor Co.'s Indian unit says in a published report that the automaker sees a diversified product lineup as key to gaining a dominant position in the market here. Ford already makes the Escort locally and will begin selling its latest model, the Ikon, here in November (see WAI — Oct. '99, p.1), targeting about 20,000 sales. The Ikon is Ford's first attempt at designing a car especially for the Indian market. New offerings could include a small car and/or a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford India foresees broader vehicle line" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642