Ford Motor Co.’s new “Boss” V-8 appears to be a go but apparently is not the new engine promised for the Windsor Engine plant in Windsor, ON, Canada. Plans for a Hemi-fighter for Ford were derailed in recent years, but appear to be back on track. “We are doing a premium gas engine that will support our large trucks, and obviously Mustang will want it,” Barb Samardzich, Ford vice president-powertrain product development, tells Ward’s in an interview. The V-8 is being designed with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Intends to Be V-8 Boss" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642