TOKYO – It's not clear in Japan whether sales of imported Ford Motor Co. cars are on a new leg or their last leg. Ford's plan is for Focus to lead sales in Japan. Handicapped by a shoestring budget, Ford Japan Ltd.’s new president – the third in four years – is trying to create a new and improved image for vehicles that have never commanded much attention in the world's second-largest automotive market. The auto maker’s peak year here was 1990, when sales totaled 86,726 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Japan's Future is in the Cars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642