Launch of a new 2.3L, 16-valve 4-cyl. is underway in a $400 million upgrade at Ford Motor Co.'s Dearborn Engine & Fuel Tank Plant. Production of the I-4 engine family is projected to be 2 million units annually, or 25% of Ford's annual engine production, by 2004. The engine first was launched six months ago at Ford's facility in Chihuahua, Mexico. Dearborn followed, with Job One in September, says Plant Manager Jim Head, with plans to reach capacity of 350,000 units annually. A third ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Launching New Family of I-4 Engines" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642