DEARBORN, MI – At a press preview of its upcoming ’03 models here, Ford Motor Co. engineers say they soon will be able to offer consumers a higher level of safety by producing an advanced new seatbelt design. Ford’s so-called "V4" 4-point seatbelt system will be adopted for production vehicles "soon" say engineers, although they will not yet say which Ford vehicle will be equipped with the advanced restraint system. Ford says the V4 "has potential to better control occupant position in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to Make Advanced New Seatbelt" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642