DETROIT -- When Ford Motor Co.'s Triton 5.4L SOHC V-8 first won a Ward’s 10 Best Engines spot in 1998, nobody expected that, five years later, this "truck engine" would become a stalwart member of the 10 Best Engines list. But five consecutive wins prove that Ford takes seriously the idea of continuous improvement for its highest-volume V-8 engine. The 5.4L Triton started life at 235 hp and 333 lb.-ft. (447 Nm) of torque. Then a significant power upgrade in 1999 meant we're now enjoying ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Motor Co. 5.4L SOHC V-8/5.4L Supercharged SOHC V-8" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642