In the new Explorer Sport Trac, Ford Motor Co.'s got the definition of a “hot” vehicle on its hands. The company says current nationwide supply is at a rock-bottom 16 days and in some regions is as low as six days' supply. But Ford isn't making any hasty decisions about extracting extra Sport Trac capacity, says Explorer Marketing Manager Ed Molchany. Unfortunately for Ford, “extracting” is the right word, at least for now, because the Sport Trac is built in the same Louisville, KY, plant ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford: No Plans to Boost Sport Trac Supply" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642