Ford Motor Co. and the United Auto Workers union have agreed to a plan that will extend buyout offers to all of the auto maker’s approximately UAW-represented 75,000 hourly workers in the U.S., says the Wall Street Journal, citing “local union officials.” Calls to Ford seeking comment were not immediately returned. The decision was expected, as Ford faced mounting pressure from Wall Street and shareholders to accelerate its buyout program, which initially was targeted at specific plants ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to Offer Buyouts to Entire UAW Workforce" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642