Ford Motor Co., with a little help from Toyota Motor Corp.’s multi-million vehicle recall, outsold the Japanese giant in the U.S. in January by 15,630 units, Ward’s data shows. Ford sales jumped 35.6% in the month to 114,426 on a daily basis (24 selling days vs. 26 year-ago). Toyota delivered 98,796 units for an 8.7% drop compared with like-2008. January’s results marked the first time since May Ford has beaten Toyota and the first time since January 1999 Toyota’s U.S. sales have fallen ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Outpaces Toyota in January; Fleet Sales See Biggest Gain" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642