Ford Motor Co. says it is not working on head-up display technology as a means to mitigate driver distraction, as stated last week by Chairman Bill Ford. But the revelation begs the question: Why not? The great-grandson of company founder Henry Ford seemed to let the proverbial cat out of the bag when he told the auto maker’s 55th annual shareholders’ meeting: “Driver distraction is an issue we’re dealing with a lot inside Ford. That’s why you see us going to our head-up displays on our ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Passes on HUD Technology; GM Sees Potential" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642