The National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. opens an investigation into whether adjustable brake and accelerator pedals installed on 400,000 Ford Motor Co. ’00-’01 Taurus/Sable sedans are too close together. NHTSA has received 22 complaints from Taurus and Sable drivers who have stepped on the brake and accelerator at the same time. Of those 22 complaints, five involved crashes. No injuries have been reported. The pedals are attached to an electric motor and can be shifted forward or ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Pedals May Be Too Close, Says NHTSA" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642