DEARBORN, MI â Ford Motor Co. is following a decidedly different path to its upcoming plug-in electric hybrid than General Motors Co. is taking with its Chevrolet Volt extended-range electric vehicle. Unlike the plug-in Volt, which will travel up to 40 miles (64 km) in electric mode before an onboard gasoline engine kicks in to maintain the batteryâs charge, the Ford PHEV will be a âblended plug-in,â says Sherif Marakby, Fordâs acting director of sustainable mobility technology and hybrid ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford PHEV Strategy Radical Departure From GMâs Volt" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642