DETROIT—Ford Motor Co. plans to launch nine new engines and six new transmissions in North America this year as part of a 5-year endeavor to update the entire powertrain lineup. Barb Samardzich, vice president-Global Powertrain Engineering, says the initiative began in 2008 and will continue through 2013. Globally the push for a new powertrain lineup will result in 60 new or significantly upgraded engines, she says today at a sneak peak of Ford’s North American International Auto Show ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Plans Throng of New Powertrains" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642