Many Ford Motor Co. suppliers were braced for the 21%, or 168,000-unit, fourth-quarter production cut announced by the beleaguered auto maker on Aug. 18. So says David Andrea, vice president-business development for the Original Equipment Suppliers Assn. That’s because market forecasts conducted by these suppliers eased the impact. “Some suppliers may not need to (make the full cuts) that Ford announced because they (already) were looking at inventory buildup and market place pressures,” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Production Cuts Hit Suppliers Hard" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642