Ford Motor Co.'s commitment to Six-Sigma, the widely renowned quality improvement system, is trickling down to its suppliers. Anne Stevens, last week named to a new position of vice president-North America assembly operations, says the automaker is “encouraging” its suppliers to implement Six-Sigma. But, she adds, Ford is not yet making it a requirement to do business. “We only started fourth quarter of '99, and I think to go out and demand that suppliers do it at this point in time is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Pushes Six-Sigma Down to Suppliers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642