Ford Motor Co. is calling back 1.6 million ’98-’01 Explorer/Mountaineer and ’01-’02 Explorer Sport and Sport Trac SUVs due to defective seats. In addition, 499,998 ’99-’01 Explorer, Mountaineer and Explorer Sport models with 4L V-6 engines are being called back to repair speed control devices that may not shut off. The seat problem is related to a defective bolt that could fracture and cause the seat to recline unexpectedly. Ford also is recalling 30,000 Crown Victoria police cars and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Recalls Trucks, Crown Vics" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642