Ford Motor Co. was reluctant to bring the Focus ZX5 to North America, despite its status in Europe as the most popular model in the Focus lineup. “The initial plans were to not bring the 5-door to North America,” says Torrey Galida, vice president-marketing for Ford of Canada, which unveiled the vehicle last week at the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto. “(Ford President) Jacques Nasser and (former Ford of Canada President) Bobbie Gaunt wanted it here. They think it's the best ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Recants in Bringing Focus ZX5 to NA" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642