DEARBORN, MI – Ford Motor Co. brass are “not happy with (plant) capacity utilization today,” a top executive acknowledges, telling journalists here the objective is to mimic Europe’s manufacturing strategy in North America. “When you look at our European operations, one of the reasons we have such high utilization rates in our plants there is because we’re running them with multiple top hats,” Joe Hinrichs, group vice president-global manufacturing, says, referring to the practice of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Restructuring to Increase Plant Capacity Utilization" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642