The U.S. government-backed Cash-for-Clunkers program in less than a month has bolstered energy conservation and led Ford Motor Co. to its first year-over-year monthly sales gain since November 2007, the auto makerâ€™s top U.S. sales analyst says. â€śThe (incentives) program was all about trading in SUVs built in the 1990s for small fuel-efficient vehicles built today,â€ť says George Pipas, noting taking the gas-guzzling vehicles off the road will save 3 million-5 million barrels of crude oil per ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fordâ€™s July Sales Rise on Clunkers Incentive Program" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642