Ford Motor Co. light-vehicle sales fell 5.8% in May from year-ago, to 273,658, despite a strong showing in the passenger-car sector, which rose 2.2% on a daily rate basis. The performance puts total year-to-date sales for 2006 3.6% behind like-2005’s pace. A strong showing by the Ford Fusion, particularly 4-cyl. models, helped drive up car sales in May, George Pipas, Ford U.S. sales analysis manager, says. “Gas prices are top of mind among U.S. car buyers, and you can see this ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Sales Drop 5.8% in May" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642