Ford Motor Co.’s preemptive strike of announcing preliminary January sales figures a day early took some of the sting out of today’s announcement January sales fell 23.2% vs. year-ago. Much of the decline was due to a significant decrease in fleet sales, as Ford moves to wean itself from a segment seen as largely unprofitable and detrimental to its brand image. “Total fleet sales were off 42% year-to-year and that includes other sectors that we do business in, namely commercial and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Sales Slide 23.2% in January" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642