DETROIT – The National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. is high on start/stop technology, but doesn’t share Ford Motor Co.’s enthusiasm about its potential impact on fuel consumption. Ford recently announced it would be adding stop/start technology, which shuts down the engine at stops and quickly restarts it when the accelerator is depressed, to all of its North American vehicles equipped with its direct-injected turbocharged EcoBoost engines. The auto maker says its patented new Auto ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Says Benefits of Stop/Start Technology Apparent on the Road, Not on Paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642