Ford Motor Co. schedules a week of downtime at its Wayne, MI, assembly plant to adjust Focus sedan and wagon inventory, starting Sept. 13. Media were informed about the shutdown Sept. 9, but Ford made the decision about three months ago, Ford Sales Analysis Manager George Pipas tells Ward’s. He insists the move is not due to a drop in August Focus sales, following a robust summer. “This is not something that cropped up this week,” Pipas says. “(It’s been) part of our third-quarter plan.” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Schedules Focus Plant Downtime" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642