SAO PAULO – Ford Motor Co. awards iron foundry Tupy Fundicoes SA the production contract for the compacted graphite iron (CGI) cylinder block of its new 2.7L V-6 diesel engine to be produced beginning in 2003. The new engine is to become the range-topping powerplant in the combined Ford-PSA Peugeot Citroen global diesel engine strategy and will be used in PSA, Ford, Jaguar Cars Ltd. and Land Rover vehicles. The sale to Ford-owned Jaguar reportedly involves a $219 million contract spread ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Selects Brazil's Tupy for CGI Engine Program" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642