Ford Motor Credit Co. is issuing $100 restitution checks as part of a settlement affecting as many as 150,000 people in 37 states who allegedly were overcharged for early termination on a Red Carpet lease between 1991 and 1994. Ford’s leasing practices were called into question by State of Michigan investigators who found that dealers sometimes were overcharging lessees for lease termination beyond the terms agreed upon in the leasing contract and keeping the extra amount. Some 1,300 Ford ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Settles Red Carpet Dispute" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642