DEARBORN – In 2001, when Ford Motor Co. was looking to increase capacity at one of its hardest-working assembly plants – Kentucky Truck (KTP) in Louisville – the auto maker called on its top paint expert to see what could be done about one of the facility’s most glaring inefficiencies. Ford builds about 42,000 2-tone trucks in Kentucky annually. “We were running out of capacity for two-tone trucks at Kentucky,” Jacob Braslaw, technical leader-materials research and advanced ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Shakes Bake-On-Bake With WOW" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642