Ford Motor Co. could cut its $6.9 billion bid for South Korea's Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. after being named the sole bidder for the ailing automaker. Some security analysts in South Korea believe Ford did not have enough time to do a proper due diligence and, therefore, threw out a high bid it will later try to negotiate down. “Ford's price was higher than we expected,” said Chia Liang Lian, analyst at Merrill Lynch Korea. “But let's not be misled by that. This is a non-binding price.” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Sole Bidder for Daewoo" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642