SAO PAULO – Ford Motor Co.’s South American division recorded a profit in the year’s first quarter following nine years of losses. Although a mere $15 million, it is a cause for celebration and just in time for the 85th anniversary of Ford operations in Brazil, responsible for 70% of sales in South America. Ford EcoSport helped boost South American sales. First-quarter sales totaled 66,126 units in Brazil, up 50% compared with like-2003. Ford Brasil Ltda. is expected to decide by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford South America Sees First Profit in 9 Years" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642