MADRID – Ford Motor Co.’s Spanish operations will send 1,100 workers at its Valencia car plant home for eight months as a result of slumping Focus sales in Europe. The auto maker earlier announced plans to end Focus production in Valencia, shifting all output of the next-generation car to its Saarlouis, Germany, plant, but details of the capacity cut were not revealed until now. The auto maker is expected to face strong opposition from labor groups, because it says it won’t supplement ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Spain to Idle Focus Workers for Eight Months" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642