COLOGNE — Ford Motor Co. completes another part of its European restructuring by outsourcing part of its forging operations at its German plant in Cologne. The company also plans to close its die-casting plant at the same facility. The move will idle more than 1,000 employees. The forging business will now be conducted under a 50/50 joint venture Ford formed with Neumayer Holding.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Starts Revamp" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642