DETROIT – Ford Motor Co. and ZF Friedrichshafen AG will announce this week that the No.2 auto maker will resume full control of the Batavia, OH, transmission plant jointly owned by the two companies since 1999. Ford sold ZF a 51% stake in the front-wheel-drive transmission plant, while retaining the remaining 49%. The goal of the venture was to develop a continuously variable transmission to be produced at the plant, known as ZF Batavia LLC. Ford takes control of Batavia as ...

Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)

"Ford Takes Control of Batavia Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:

  All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
  Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
  •   Global sales and production data by country
  •   U.S. model-line inventory data
  •   Engine and equipment installation rates
  •   WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
  •   Product Cycle chart
  •   Interrelationships among major OEMs
  •   Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
   •  Historical data and much more!

For pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: or phone: (248) 799-2642

Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.

Already registered? here.