LAS VEGAS — On the track here at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, the vehicle is persuasive in its combination of straight-line power and turn-hugging agility. With a 0-to-60 mph (97 km/h) time of 6.2 seconds and 0.85 lateral gs, it outruns and out-corners many performance cars. But this vehicle isn't a car; it's a truck. And no ordinary truck, either. Ford Motor Co.'s latest venture into Special Vehicle Team (SVT) territory, with its 1999 F-150 Lightning, holds the hope of recharging a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford takes a second shot at sport truck market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642