Ford Motor Co. is investing £70 million ($114 million) in its Bridgend engine plant in Wales, U.K., for the production of an all-new, turbocharged 1.6L 4-cyl. gasoline engine. Marking the first European application of the auto maker’s EcoBoost technology, which combines advanced turbocharging and direct-gasoline injection for improved fuel economy and reduced carbon-dioxide emissions, the commitment raises the investment in the Bridgend plant to £315 million ($514 million) over the last ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford U.K. Investment Marks EcoBoost Expansion to Europe" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642