Crown Victoria police package gets fire-supression system. TRAVERSE CITY, MI – Ford Motor Co. is expected to announce today that it is making a fire suppression system available on its beleaguered Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (P.I.). The system reportedly will deploy foam retardant if a crash introduces risk of fire. More than a dozen U.S. police officers have been killed by fires ignited when violent collisions breached the fuel tanks of their police cruisers. But Ford ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Updates Crown Vic P.I." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642