When Ford Motor Co. launches the new ’09 F-150 fullsize pickup this fall, it will not heavily advertise the premium Platinum edition, a top marketing manager says. During the first phase of the truck’s launch, which was pushed back two months so dealers can clear their lots of ’08 models, Ford will focus its marketing dollars on the F-150s best suited for buyers that use their trucks for work purposes, rather than personal use, says Mike Crowley, group marketing plans manager for trucks ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Veers From Luxury Pickup Strategy" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642