Ford Motor Co. will begin production of the golf-cart-like Th!nk Neighbor car in the fourth quarter at its Manhattan, KS, plant. The vehicle, made of aluminum extrusions that are glued into place, will be powered by six lead-acid batteries and travel at a top speed of 25 mph. It can be driven on most streets and will be priced at about $6,000 for a 2-seater and $8,000 for a four-seater. The vehicle is exempt from crash tests because the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. does not ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford will build Th!nk" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642