Ford color specialists are hard at work conjuring up the palette for the ’15 model year, and the paint-additive Xirallic will be on the menu, a chief designer says. Xirallic, which adds a metallic, glittery look to paint, is a core ingredient in five Ford colors, including Tuxedo Black and Royal Red. Other auto makers also use the ingredient in their paints. The additive caused a stir in the auto industry when supplies were interrupted following the March 11 Japanese earthquake, which ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Works With Supplier to Mitigate Future Paint Shortages" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642