BOXBERG, Germany – Robert Bosch GmbH is losing money on its foundation brake business, but the supplier has no plans to exit the sector, a top-ranking executive says. One could argue that foundation disc brakes – consisting of rotors, calipers, pads and other mechanical components – are commodities ripe for outsourcing. But Bosch Automotive Chairman Bernd Bohr says the foundation brake – while appearing to be a mature and simple product – actually requires significant development, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Foundation Brakes Unprofitable for Bosch" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642