PARIS – The French post office this month will invite seven manufacturers, including an American company, to bid for a contract to build 500 electric vehicles to be used on urban postal routes. The contract almost certainly will re-launch an EV industry that has been relatively moribund in France since 2003, as a successful operation could lead to La Poste buying 10,000 EVs by 2013. “We were surprised at the response” to a preliminary announcement in April, a La Poste spokesman says. “Of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"French Postal Service Solicits EV Makers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642