DETROIT – The coming onslaught of new powertrain systems is bound to impact the shape of vehicles in the future, predicts Sergio Pininfarina, chairman of Pininfarina SpA. Today’s automotive designers may not be prepared to think of new design concepts to wrap around tomorrow’s fuel cell and hybrid-powered vehicles, he warns. Sergio Pininfarina “I believe design must interpret the function of the car and be adapted with the layout of (its) mechanical parts,” Pininfarina ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fuel Cells, Hybrids Will Change Vehicle Designs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642